Jeff Berkowitz, MMRC Chairman, Board of Managers
Jeff Berkowitz is the President and Founder of Berkowitz Development Group. A former practicing attorney, he is widely recognized as one of the pre-eminent retail developers in Miami-Dade County. His expertise includes areas relating to all aspect of development, including leasing, management, construction management, customer and tenant relations, budgeting, projections and governmental relations. With his formal legal training and active experience practicing law, he also provides support in negotiation and a wealth of experience in dispute avoidance and, if necessary, resolution.
Prior to founding Berkowitz Development Group in 1985, Mr. Berkowitz was an active partner in the law firm of McCrary Berkowitz & Davis from 1974 and later the senior partner of Berkowitz & Diaz until he retired from the active practice of law to pursue Real Estate Development on a full-time basis in 1986. Mr. Berkowitz specialized in a real estate oriented practice.
Some of Mr. Berkowitz's activities, interests and affiliations have included:
Mr. Berkowitz holds a B.A. in Political Science from Cornell University. He is also a graduate of the University of Miami School Of Law, where he served on the Law Review and obtained a Juris Doctor degree in May, 1974. Mr. Berkowitz holds an active Real Estate Broker's License and is a member of the International Council of Shopping Centers.
- Founding Executive Director, Miami-Dade Independent Review Panel (County watchdog agency)
- The Florida Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Dade County Bar Association
- American Judicature Society
- American Arbitration Association
- Founder, Children's Foundation of Greater Miami, Inc.
- Past Member, Board of Directors, Greater Miami Jewish Federation
- Past Member, Executive Committee, The American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC)
- Past Member, NJCRAC Executive Committee
- Past Member, Board of Directors, Miami Jewish Home & Hospital for the Aged
- Past Chairman, Board of Governors, South Dade Jewish Community Center
- Trustee and Member, Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce
- Former Chairman, Government Affairs Committee of the Florida Associate of Jewish Federations
- Former Chairman, National Action Committee (NACPAC)
- Former Chairman, Greater Miami Jewish Federation, Community Relations Committee
- Former Chairman, National Leaders Forum, Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce
- Former Executive Director of Metro-Dade County Independent Review Panel, from its inception in April, 1980 through December, 1983
Hank Adorno, MMRC's Executive Director
Hank Adorno has extensive legal and business experience. He served as Chief Assistant State Attorney for Miami-Dade County, Florida; Executive Vice President of Mastec Corporation (NYSE); and Principal Executive Officer of HSWI (NASDAQ) –both publicly-listed companies; and CEO of Adorno and Yoss, a law firm which had offices throughout the U.S. He is very active in the local community having helped create The Our Kids Program of Miami-Dade/Monroe, a joint program of the private sector and the Florida Department of Children and Families. Mr. Adorno has also served as a Member of the Orange Bowl Committee, Chair of the Super Bowl 33 Foundation and President of the Super Bowl Host Committee and led efforts towards the $200 million bond issue in support of Safe Neighborhood Parks. He received his B.A. and Juris Doctorate degree from the University of Florida.
David M. Singer, MMRC's Secretary, Treasurer and Managing Director
David M. Singer is Chief Financial Officer and Chief Operations Officer of Berkowitz Development Group. He is directly responsible for all of the accounting, financial and day-to-day operations of the company. Mr. Singer joined Berkowitz Development Group in November of 1998, bringing with him over 15 years of prior Real Estate knowledge which includes property management, leasing, accounting and acquisition experience.
Mr. Singer began his real estate career with Kenneth Leventhal & Company, a public accounting firm specializing in real estate. His tenure of five years included engagement of real estate audits, the preparation of tax returns and feasibility studies. After
leaving public accounting, he proceeded to work as a Controller and Chief Financial Officer for various national and local real estate developers and management companies including Lincoln Property Company, The Brandon Company and Cushman and Wakefield.
Mr. Singer holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Marketing with a minor in Psychology, from Florida State University, and a Certificate in Accounting from the University of Miami. Mr. Singer presently holds active Certified Public Accounting License, Real Estate Sales License and Mortgage Brokerage License from the State of Florida and is an active member of the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC).