STEP 1 – REGISTER AND REVIEW INVESTMENT OFFERING DOCUMENTS
- A prospective immigrant investor must first register on our website to review the Partnership's investment offering documents.
- If you are a qualified immigrant investor, the Partnership will make available all necessary documentation for you to evaluate the investment opportunity.
The documentation Includes:
- Confidential Private Placement Memorandum
- Subscription Agreement
- IRS Form W-8
- Agreement of Limited Partnership
- Escrow Agreement
- EB-5 immigration attorney referral list
To review these investment-related documents, please register online and (1) complete and sign the Confidential Prospective Investor Questionnaire, (2) provide a copy of the biographic page of your unexpired passport or other government-issued picture identification and (3) provide documentation of your current foreign address (if not included in your government-issued picture identification). If you have any questions about the online registration process, please contact us and we will walk you through the application process.STEP 2 – MAKE CAPITAL INVESTMENT AND FILE FORM I-526 PETITION
STEP 3 – FILE FORM I-829 PETITION AND RECEIVE PERMANENT RESIDENCY CARD (VISA)
- If you decide to invest in the Partnership, you must complete, sign and submit the documentation referred to above and fund your investment into the escrow account maintained by the Partnership.
- If your documentation is in order and acceptable to the Partnership, then the General Partner will advise you to proceed with your application to USCIS.
- You will then submit a completed Immigrant Petition by Alien Entrepreneur (Form I-526) to USCIS along with supporting documentation demonstrating that the investment meets all EB-5 requirements. MMRC will assist as reasonably requested and as necessary with respect to all required documentation to satisfy the requirements in connection with the Form I-526 petition. Your I-526 petition should include your spouse and all unmarried children under age 21. You will then submit a completed Immigration Petition by Alien Entrepreneur (Form I-526) USCIS along with supporting documentation demonstrating that the investment meets all EB-5 requirements. MMRC will provide documents about the project and you will supply evidence of the source and path of your funds to satisfy the requirements in connection with the Form I-526 petition. Your I-526 petition should mention your spouse and all unmarried children under age 21 in order for them to derive benefits from your approval.
- USCIS approval of a Form I-526 petition typically takes 4 to 6 months. Upon approval, overseas investors must apply to and interview at their local U.S. consulate to secure issuance of an immigrant visa allowing entry to the U.S. as an immigrant by the investor and all derivative family members listed in the I-526 petition. Alternatively, immigrant investors in the U.S. may file a Form I-485 petition to adjust their status to lawful residency.
- If approved, your investment funds will be released from escrow to the Partnership and you will be admitted as a limited partner of the Partnership.
- Upon receiving the immigrant visa, the principal applicant and family member(s) must enter the U.S. within 180 days. The two-year conditional residency period starts the day that each applicant enters the U.S. or is granted adjustment of status within the U.S. and the green card mailed to the applicant bears an expiration date of two years after that date.
- Upon U.S. entry or adjustment of status, the immigrant investor and family may live anywhere in the U.S. with unrestricted travel and work rights.
During the 90-day period prior to the expiration of the two-year conditional period, the immigrant investor must file a completed Petition by Entrepreneur to Remove Conditions (Form I-829) to the USCIS. In this petition, the immigrant investor must demonstrate that he or she has maintained the investment in the Partnership during the two-year conditional period and that the requisite jobs were created. MMRC will provide documentation that the immigrant investor has satisfied those requirments. Upon approval, the condition on residency is removed and unconditional permanent resident status is granted to the investor, and his or her spouse and children.STEP 4 – CITIZENSHIP
After one has maintained 5 years of residency, to include the sum of conditional and unconditional residency, the immigrant investor and family may apply for U.S. citizenship.